Aerial Yoga is in high demand accross the country and we are excited to offer this fun yet challenging yoga practice for yogis of all levels (beginner, intermediate or advanced)! Our Aerial Yoga Staff have been intensively trained in Aerial YOGA and we are ready to share our passion and love of Aerial Yoga with you!
Here are a few benefits of Aerial Yoga:
Aerial yoga is great for spinal decompression.
Inversions are supported so that even the most cautious yogis feel safe.
It strengthens your upper body.
You feel like a beautiful, elegant acrobat.
It’ll introduce you to new ways to do poses you already practice.
Savasana feels like you’re in a cocoon.
It improves your overall wellbeing by creating a more confident, braver you.
Read full article about Aerial Yoga here. So give it a try - we know you will like it.
Contraindications (people who should be very cautious practicing Aerial Yoga) -
very high or low blood pressure
easy onset vertigo
recent head injury
propensity for fainting
carpal tunnel syndrome
sinusitis or head cold
botox injections (within 6 hours)
weight of 300 pounds or more (not due to health concerns but due to restrictions of the hammock equipment)
What should I wear to Aerial Yoga?
Wear workout wear that covers armpits and legs. NO JEWELRY** Please see the **Aerial Rules** below.
What should I bring to Aerial Yoga? Same as regular land yoga - a yoga mat and towel.
Aerial Yoga at Altamonte Springs Yoga
Class Description (We teach Aerial Yoga in the style of CircuSoul Productions.)
Curl up in your own aerial hammock and explore your yoga from a new elevation: this class is structured just like your usual yoga flow with centering, warmup, posture focus (including inversion) and savasana.
This is an all-level class, beginning and ending with savasana, that utilizes our signature deluxe flying yoga hammock to elevate you off the floor, simplifying your inversions, deepening your hip openers, and bringing space to your backbends.
AERIAL YOGA RULES
1. Be on time! For safety reasons, we must start all students together so please arrive on time or you will not be admitted into class.
2. Leave all jewelry at home. This includes: earrings, rings, facial piercings, necklaces. They can easily snag the fabric.
3. Wear smooth athletic clothes that will allow you to move. No rhinestones, sequins, big zippers. As this too can easily snag the fabric.
4. No perfumes or body sprays or oils as the fabric absorbs the scent and can leave stains.
5. No unsupervised practicing yoga poses in the hammock before or after class. If you arrive early, you may lay in the hammock in savasana.
**Please note - you may bring your own hammock for Aerial Class however only the deluxe flying yoga hammock as designed by CircuSoul Yoga will work in our classes. We have hammocks available for purchase at Altamonte Springs Yoga.
Aerial Yoga Class Schedule:
Monday 7:15p with Danita Tuesday 12p with Michelle Wednesday 10a with Dani Thursday 5:30p with MyLinda Saturday 10a with STAFF