Bryan Kest Returns to Charlotte, NC
Monday, Jul 13, 2020 – Friday, Jul 17, 2020
9:30am – 7:30pm
Tuition: $1,395 Early/$1,595 Late.
40 Hour Power Yoga Teacher Training & Yoga Practice Immersion with Bryan Kest July 13-17, 2020!!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TRAINING TAKES PLACE IN CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA
What is a 40-hour “Bryan Kest Power Yoga Training & Immersion?”
These 40 hours are dedicated to the philosophy & practice of PowerYoga with a slant toward sharing this practice with others. This training is 7-9 hours a day over a consecutive 5-day period, consisting of two sessions per day of 3-4 hours each with a 3-4 hour break in between sessions. Most sessions are split between practice and a mixture of discourse, interactive dialogue and question and answer assignments. You will also share this practice by teaching during our time together. We are focused and serious about the subject yet the training and practice is light-hearted.
What are the subjects covered in these 5 days?
So many different topics could arise during these interactive, non-dogmatic sessions. We could really graze across so much. Yet there is a certain knowledge I want you to walk away with. You will know what PowerYoga is, you will learn a complete PowerYoga routine of about forty asanas called ‘Brahma’ and you will practice sharing this routine. You will learn the multi-dynamic possibilities of every asana. You will learn PowerYoga philosophy and history and depending on time, we may learn some Sanskrit. Other topics include working with injuries, personalizing a practice, yoga & business and much more.
Will I get a certificate of completion?
If you attend each class, arriving on time and remaining for the duration of all sessions, complete all homework and requirements and if Bryan feels that you have earned it, yes; you will receive a certificate of completion from Bryan Kest and Santa Monica PowerYoga. Just remember, by attending this training you are not buying a certificate. You are buying an experience. This is not a certificate mill.
Who is this training not for?
- Those who expect a traditional training.
- Those who have never experienced Bryan Kest.
- Those who have expectations of topics to be covered other than what has been mentioned.
- Those who don’t like immense physicality and expanded mentality.
Bryan’s teacher training comes with a recommended reading list. There is nothing mandatory. He only wishes to pass these books along to you because he has found simple and wonderful truths in each of these books and all seem to be tremendously motivating. He sincerely hopes that you all enjoy them as much as he did!
- Man’s Eternal Quest by Paramahansa Yogananda
- The Art of Living by William Hart
- The Wisdom of James Allen by James Allen
- Sadhu’s by Dolf Hartsuiker
- The Introduction to Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- How Practicing Gratitude Can Make You Happier by Robert Emmons
- Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously by Osho
All true wellness and health come from a calm and peaceful mind. A calm and peaceful mind is
- Less dominated by habits and addictive behavior.
- Less reactive to outer situations (less stress).
- More centered and objective.
- More accepting of life and its fluctuations.
- More in tune with the body breath, feelings and intuition.
So, the poses naturally need to be infused with a purpose and meaning which brings insight and energy to an otherwise mundane physical practice of poses, or eastern calisthenics. In this way, the poses become asana or “meditation in motion.” As we excel in this practice, our yoga begins to transcend the yoga room and permeates our life. In other words, a strong physical practice needs to be grounded in a strong mental practice.
- Dates: Monday July 13, 2020 – Friday July 17, 2020
- Session Times: 9:30am – 7:30pm
- Location: CHARLOTTE, NC Check back for details!
- Tuition: $1,395 Early/$1595 Late
We will provide a payment plan with 100% financing for 0% interest until the tuition is paid in full. The total tuition must be paid in full by March 1, 2020, so the sooner students enroll in the payment plan the lower the monthly payment will be. Here is the payment plan schedule:
Date of payment plan enrollment:
- February 2019 there is a $45 downpayment + 15 monthly payments of $90
- March 2019 = 15 monthly payments of $93
- April 2019 = $95 downpayment + 13 monthly payments of $100
- May 2019 = $45 downpayment + 12 monthly payments of $112.50
- June 2019 = 12 monthly payments of $116.25
- July 2019 – $50 downpayment + 10 monthly payments of $134.50
- Aug 2019 = 10 monthly payments of $139.50
- Sept 2019 = 9 monthly payments of $155
- Oct 2019 = $65 downpayment + 7 monthly payments of $190
- Nov 2019 = $45 downpayment + 6 monthly payments of $225
- Dec 2019 = 6 monthly payments of $232.50
- Jan 2020 = 5 monthly payments of $279
- Feb 2020 = 4 monthly payments of $348.75
- Mar 2020 = 3 monthly payments of $465
*Payment Plan is not available after March 2020
6 months same as cash financing option via PayPal is available for this training. Visit our training webpage at www.altamontespringsyoga.com/teachertraining/bryankesttt.html for links to register via PayPal.
Because of the expense of a teacher training and yoga immersion, all monies are non-refundable.
Yoga Alliance CEUs are available. This training qualifies for YogaU (Yoga University of Florida) credits earned toward Altamonte Springs Yoga’s Teacher Training Programs.
**Please Note** Before signing up for this training please consider all the information given at this time. If you have any questions that are not answered here please feel free to email us.
What’s Included in the Pricing:
- Bryan’s training and some training materials (recommended reading list not included)
- Use of Yoga supplies (mats, blocks, straps, blankets)
What’s not Included in the Pricing:
- All transportation, air, and ground
- Books on recommended reading list
- Writing Supplies (paper & writing tools)
On Monday July 13, 2020, we will start the day at 9:30a and we will go until around 7:30/8p. Our time together will encompass interactive classes from discourses to discussions, pertaining to the meaning of practicing and living, and sharing of Yoga. We will cover an interesting panorama of topics from the elements of a routine. These classes will be complemented by daily, strong, sweaty, deeply physical practice and meditation.
We look forward to meeting all of you, even those we already know!
Saturday Power Yoga & Long, Slow, Deep Master Classes open to the general public:
The day after our training ends (Saturday, July 18th), Bryan will present a Full Day of Yoga with a Power Yoga Master Class in the morning and Long, Slow, Deep in the afternoon. Previous TT students have found that this full day of yoga is a perfect way to observe and experience how Bryan has taken the Brahma series into his public classes. Please note – this workshop is NOT included in the Teacher Training fee. If you would like more information click here
Bryan Kest Power Yoga Master Class and Long, Slow and Deep Master Class
- Date: Saturday, July 18, 2020
- Location: CHARLOTTE, NC Check back for details!
- Power Yoga 10am – 12:30pm
- Long, Slow, Deep 2pm – 4:30pm
- Prerequisite: NONE! This class is open to all levels.
- Power Yoga Master Class $70 Early/ $80 Late REGISTER
- Long, Slow, Deep Master Class $80 Early/ $90 Late REGISTER
- OR $140 Early/ $160 Late for both classes REGISTER
- Early Discount Deadline is March 1, 2020
Refund Policy: one month prior to event – FULL refund less $20: AFTER 1 month prior to event NO REFUNDS
About Bryan Kest:
Bryan has been involved with yoga practice since he was 15 years old starting in Hawaii around 1978/9 with David Williams, the first person to bring Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga to the USA. Bryan started sharing his new found experience almost immediately through his excitement and deep affinity with yoga thought. Through the years of study, practice and sharing Bryan has acquired a certain amount of experience and understanding that he brings into this program, which include almost 3 decades of practice but also over 16,000 classes he has instructed. Bryan has had success and has made mistakes, helped people and hurt people, all of which will be laid out for us to examining and learn from.